Want to turn those job applications into job interviews?
It's all about crafting the perfect resume.
The way you present your work history isn't just important; it can be the crucial reason you get that call back for an interview.
And the ASCE Resume Workshop can help.
Please post your resume in this thread until Friday, November 6. All submitted resumes will be reviewed by coaches and receive a response by November 9 on the thread.We are accepting resumes only - please do not post a CV. We also ask that you only submit in a PDF format.Read resume tips from the ASCE Resume Coaches here.You can find other resume related resources here.****You must be an ASCE member to participate in the workshop.
Great use of formatting! You have some great content on your resume and I appreciate that you already had your present work in present tense!
A few suggestions on ways you can further improve your resume:
· Did you know that you can customize you LinkedIn URL to just your name? instructions in the following article: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/87/customizing-your-public-profile-url?lang=en
· For further improving your experience bullet points, I recommend reading the following ASCE Article, specifically section 3 about "Telling, not showing": https://collaborate.asce.org/careerbydesign/blogs/stephanie-slocum1/2020/03/05/top-7-mistakes-civil-engineers-make-on-resumes
· Could add what version of the program i.e. AutoCAD 2020
· Instead of the skills section, I would love to see how you have worked on these skills. Is the "Pavement Analysis and Design" related to your research? A graduate education course?
· For "American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) (08/2018)" is this that you are a member? If so I would recommend revising to "American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) – Member (08/2018 - Present)"
Your resume is awesome, I really struggled to find any recommendations or areas of change/improvement.
Your resume is very organized and easy to read as you have it laid out.
Here are a few minor recommendations:
Overall - nice work. I hope you find these recommendations to be helpful!
Firstly, you have a great overall resume with a lot of good information!
Your resume is very organized and using bullets makes it really easy to read.
Here are a few recommendations:
Hard working individual, dedicated to design with the right engineering principles constantly accepting new challenges, keeping work priorities and self-development vital - seeking a civil engineering position.
Hello Tirza,My resume is attached below. Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to getting useful feedback!Thank you,