Join your colleagues from industry, academia, and government at the 41st International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE 2022) in Hamburg, Germany from June 5 - 10, 2022.
OMAE 2022 is the ideal forum for researchers, engineers, managers, technicians, and students from the scientific and industrial communities from around the world to:
- meet and present advances in technology and its scientific support
- exchange ideas and experiences while promoting technological progress and its application in industry, and
- promote international cooperation in ocean, offshore and arctic engineering Following the tradition of excellence of previous OMAE conferences, more than 900 technical papers are planned for presentation.
- UNESCO declared the Kontorhaus district, along with the with the historic Speicherstadt and legendary Chilehaus, a World Cultural Heritage Site in 2015. Download an overview of the district with map here.
- Hamburg has the most bridges of any city in the world.
- The first modern zoo was founded here.
- The Beatles began their music career in Hamburg.
- Hamburg has the oldest Opera House in Germany.
Letter from the Chair
Over the past 40 years, we have seen OMAE grow and strengthen, bringing people together from industry, government, and academia to discuss and share achievements. For OMAE 2022 we sincerely hope to find us back together in an in-person conference. Knowing the uncertainty involved in today's travel possibilities, we will keep the option of a virtual event in sight. In any case, we will continue bringing people together for fruitful discussions and interactions. I am looking forward meeting our community member in a successful conference.
In 2012 I presented my first paper at the 31st OMAE, held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I enjoyed the conference and family atmosphere so much, that I remained involved ever since. I joined the Polar and Arctic Sciences and Technology and the Structures, Safety and Reliability Symposium as a session organizer and in 2012 I joined the Executive Committee of the OOAE Division. Being part of the OMAE community has been very enjoyable part of my development, both on a scientific and personal level. This year I had the great opportunity to serve as the Division Chair working together with the dedicated volunteers of the Executive and Extended Executive Committees. At the end of the conference, I will pass the Chair responsibility to my good friend and current Vice-Chair Lance Manuel.
After many years of being part of the OOAE Division, it is now my privilege to welcome you to OMAE 2022 on behalf of our Division. I would like to extent my sincere appreciation to the Organizing Committee, Technical Program Chair, Symposia Coordinators, Topic and Session Organizers, and reviewers that have spent countless hours to ensure the success of this exceptional conference. None of these would have been possible without the support of the ASME and Sea to Sky staff. On behalf of our Division, I would like to welcome the students, industry professionals, government, and academia who have a passion for ocean, offshore, and arctic engineering and wish you a successful conference.
OMAE 2022 Conference Chair#CoastsOceansPortsandWaterways#ColdRegionsEngineering#Oilandgas
German Space Centre (DLR). Institute for Maritime Energy Systems
Full Professor for Ship Structural Design and Analysis