Get started now: Create a Regional Student Innovation Contest account below:
The ASCE Regional Student Innovation Contest is in its 2nd year. The contest is open to teams competing in one of the ASCE Regions hosting the ASCE Regional Student Innovation Contest. If your team wins either first or second place at the Regional level and if your team’s student chapter is eligible to compete in ASCE National Competitions, your team will be invited to the ASCE National Student Innovation Competition, Oct. 30 and 31, which takes place during the 2020 ASCE Annual Convention in Anaheim, Ca. Please review the qualifications required to compete at the national competition at https://www.asce.org/eligibility_for_national_competitions/
Teams can take advantage of up to four coaching reviews of the contest entry. Teams are not required to use the coaching and can submit their entry without coaching up until the last submission deadline for their region.
Carolinas Mid Continent Southeast Texas/Mexico Up State New York
Contest topics are the same for both contests and for more details open a regional student contest account.
- Internet of Things (IoT)/Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Sustainable and Resilient Engineering
- Next Generation Transportation
- Improvements in Clean Water
- New Construction Materials and Methodology
- General Civil Infrastructure Improvement
Reasons why you should enter:
- You have the opportunity to be coached on how to develop critical thinking skills, how to evaluate the available market for your innovation, and how will you take your innovation to market.
- Win Prize money for your ASCE student chapter. The participants from the Student Regional Student Competitions will compete at the final competitions for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Cash awards of $1,500 for 1st place, $750 for 2nd place and $500 for 3rd place. For more details about how to win, please create an account and download the contest documents.
- Attend the ASCE Annual Convention. Student teams will have the opportunity to meet with industry leaders, distinguished ASCE members, local leaders, and local ASCE members at the final competition event.
- Showcase your innovation at a national ASCE event.
- Many of our past winners have received useful feedback, advice and sometimes new opportunities during their two days networking and meeting with industry leaders at the contest celebration event which will happen for the first time in conjunction with the ASCE Annual Convention.