Thanks to ASCE and SEI #SEI leadership & staff team for organizing another wonderful in-person Structures Congress in 2022 #Structures22. I enjoyed connecting with industry experts! It is my honor to serve in the Energy Division Executive Committee. I wanted to share some photos and invite you to use this thread to share your own photos from SEI Structures Congress and the sessions you enjoyed.
Here the photos for the two sessions presented by our Energy Division Members and our Happy Hour session.
Non-Bldg Session on Trends in Onshore Modularization Design in Industrial Facilities; Moderator - Silky Wong, Ph.D., S.E., P.E., CEng MICE, Civil/Structural Engineer - Structures Expertise Area, Dow, Inc;
- An Overview of the State-of-the-practice Engineering Report by David Kerins, P.E. (LA) F.ASCE F.ACI, Senior Principal Onshore Civil & Structures Engineer, ExxonMobil; Silky Wong, Ph.D., S.E., P.E., CEng MICE, Civil/Structural Engineer - Structures Expertise Area, Dow, Inc
- Presentation on Fatigue Evaluation Approach for Ocean Transport of Onshore Modules by Marco Camacho, Fluor Corporation; William Bounds, Fluor Corporation
- Determination of Load Factors for Structural Design of Onshore Modules by Felipe Mejia, Ph.D., P.E., Fluor Corporation
- Stability Considerations for Truckable Modules by Rajendra Prasad, P.E., Principal Tech Prof, Wood
- Analysis of SPMT Transport of Large Onshore Modules by William Bounds, Fluor Corporation; Bradley Tann, P.E., Fluor Corporation
Non-Bldg Session on Industrial and Refinery Structures; Moderator - Matthew Rosecrans, S.E., P.E., Sargent & Lundy
- Structural Design of Air and Gas Ducts by Matthew Rosecrans, S.E., P.E., Sargent & Lundy and Air and Gas Duct Structural Design Committee members
- Lightning Protection Masts: Design Challenges by Yousef Alostaz, Ph.D., P.E., AECOM; Monir Ajan Alhadid, PhD, AECOM
- 1940's Refining Support Structure Fitness for Service Evaluation by Daniel M. Sack, P.E., Becht
Structures Congress 2022 proceeding paper link: Structures Congress 2022 | Proceedings
To join one of our ASCE Energy Division Committee, please visit this page
, feel free to contact me and any of our committee members for any questions.
Silky S. K. Wong, Ph.D., S.E., P.E., CEng MICE, F.SEI, LEED AP
Dow Inc - Central Engineering
Lead Civil/Structural Engineer TES
Central Engineering – Houston
HDC Phone : 281-966-2077[email protected]