Discussion: View Thread

  • 1.  work in USA after my college as egyptian engineer

    Posted 09-29-2017 01:05 PM
    Edited by Miles Brumbaugh 09-29-2017 01:05 PM
    I graduated from college and got my green card.

    My background is in civil engineering and structural engineer.

    When i come to the USA, what qualifications do you need to work as a civil engineer? And to work as a structural engineer more specifically?

    Mahmoud Hebeshy A.M.ASCE
    Mansoura university

  • 2.  RE: work in USA after my college as egyptian engineer

    Posted 10-01-2017 11:44 PM
    Hello Mahmoud,
    It is possible for you to start working as an Engineer under supervision once you get to USA. I recommend you start the process of taking the "Fundamentals of Engineering" (FE) exam as soon as you can, you can start doing all the research before you come. 

    Go to this webpage to get all the information you need Welcome to NCEES. The process of becaoming a Licensed Engineer varies depending on the State, but you do not need to be Licensed in order to start working.

    I also recommend you buy a book called "Engineer Your Own Success" by Anthony Fasano... I wished I've read it when I was starting my engineer career in the US, and I recommend all young Engineers to read it.

    Make sure you bring your school transcripts (hopefully your school has an ABET accredited program). You will need to pay a certified entity to Translate your degree and transcript into English.

    If you need help, I am willing to coach you through the process. Feel free to add me to your contacts and send me a private message if you need to.

    Ronny De Aza P.E., C.Eng, M.ASCE
    RDA Consulting Engineers, LLC
    Naples FL