Goal - Supporting a knowledge transfer to build a culture of leadership, communication, engagement, and teamwork that will prepare members to be leaders of ASCE and the Profession.
Expectation - Topic focused, one-on-one relationship tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Fill out Mentee profile – picture, bio, topics of interest. The more information you provide the better introduction your mentor receives.
- Mentees are responsible for facilitating the relationship through personally contacting the prospective mentor and asking to schedule a Discovery Call.
- Request/schedule a Discovery Call.
- Work together to complete the Partnership Policy.
- Commit to a focused-conversation for at least two hours per month.
- Make at least a 3-month commitment to a partnership.
- Assess development needs and goals.
- Demonstrate an interest in career growth.
- Be flexible and open-minded.
- Learn from the experience, knowledge, and wisdom of the mentor.
- Only have one mentor at a time.
If circumstances arise that do not allow you to fulfill these obligations you are expected to contact the mentor to let him or her know why you need to abandon the relationship.