PETER D. FITZWILLIAMS P.E.
3164 Longbow Drive Mbl: +1214- 729-7678
Grand Prairie, TX 75052 USA Res: +1 972- 660-3448
Diverse Civil Project Engineering and Construction (PEC); Water Utility Project / Program Management; Non – Profit Management and Municipal Development Advisory experience. Results Oriented Management style, with strengths in Leadership; Interpersonal skills; Effective Customer Service and Ability to Drive Budget Objectives.
As Civil Design Engineer at West Virginia Highway Department; City of Dallas and Private Consulting
- Utilized complex field survey data to design and Develop Blueprints for Roadways, Bridges, Storm water runoff controls, Utility Relocation and Water/Wastewater Infrastructure.to meet required specifications
- Application of Technology in Design, Modeling and Communication of engineered information.
As Construction Engineer in City of Dallas
- Represent the City as Construction Inspection Team Leader ensuring successful project objective delivery within budget and schedule; Resolution of Construction Technical Queries; RFI’s and Submittals; Quality Standards Achievement; Project Documentation and Correspondence Control.as required by contract objectives
As Project Manager for Dallas Water Utilities
- Represent the Utility as Responsible Competent Person for the Project Planning Scope Identification and development for; Engineering Studies and Scheduling; Budgeting; Professional Services and Construction Contract Procurement towards Project Goal achievement.
- Coordinate all Multiple Inter Jurisdictional Stakeholders to avoid potential conflict and achieve satisfactory completion
As Program Manager for Dallas Water Utilities
- Managed Staff of Technicians and Professional Engineers to implement Capital Improvements Plan supporting Replacements, Repair and Rehabilitation of over $2BN Capital Assets.
- Acquire and Maintain Skilled and Talented Staff; Provide Task Objectives; Training and Monitor Performance of variety of Task Execution to achieve Goals of the Master Plan Objectives of the Capital Services and Engineering Services Programs.
As Contracts Manager for Dallas Water Utilities
- Managed Staff to procure all Professional Engineering Services, Construction Contracts and Monthly Payment processing of provided Services.
- Develop and Maintain standards for Internal Controls; Project Document Control processes consistent with ISO 9000 Standards to deliver over $300MM value of annual contracts.
As Municipal Planning and Zoning Commissioner
- Serve on City of Grand Prairie Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals to review and adjudicate exceptions to Building and zoning Code requirements as appropriate.
- Served on commission to Develop Comprehensive Development Master Plan for the municipality.
As a Non – Profit Board Executive
- Lead efforts on the Rotary International Club board to solicit Funding for Clean Water Well Projects in Developing Countries.
- Serve on the Irving Healthcare Foundation, raising funding to support Healthcare systems in Irving, Texas community.
As an Engineering Business Firm Owner
- Founded and operated an engineering firm providing construction support services.
ATTRIBUTES: Skills: Over 20 years hands on experience in the following areas – Licensed Professional Engineer, Water & Sanitary Engineering Dallas Water Utilities (DWU), Engineering Design, Contract Procurement, Construction Management, Technology Application for Project Tracking and Communication, GIS Mapping, Negotiation with Regulatory Entities for Compliance, Team Motivation and Coordination for Results, Effective Communication, Innovation and Flexibility for Total Quality and Stakeholder satisfaction.
EDUCATION: Executive MBA - 1997
The University of Texas in Dallas, Richardson Texas USA
B.S. - Civil Engineering - 1984
West Virginia Institute of Technology, Montgomery WV USA
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS: • Directed efforts to install Water Wells and Latrines in Rural Africa (Rotary Grants- 2008 - Current)
• Directed implementation of ISO 9000 for Water Utilities Capital Services Operation ( DWU 2010)
• Directed effort to establish live Dashboard monitoring system for $300MM CIP outfit ( DWU 2010)
• Advisory Board to Develop Infrastructure Management Synthesis document ( AWWARF 2003)
• Managed construction of Largest Wastewater pipeline in DWU system (120” Dia.–12,000LF 1997)
• Managed project to develop EPA NPDES Permit – Storm water Utility for City of Dallas ( 1992)
• Managed largest SSES in the DWU wastewater collection pipeline network ( 1.6 million LF)
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION: Professional Engineer, Texas No. 66187
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS: Member, American Society of Civil Engineers
Member, American Water Works Association
ACTIVITIES: The Rotary Club of Dallas – Trustee
REFERENCES: Furnished on request