List of Contributions

Mr. Michael Bloom, P.E., M.ASCE

Sustainability Practice Manager,
R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc.

Contact Details

R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc.
16340 Park Ten Pl Ste 350
Houston, TX
Google Map Icon
Contact information, job title, education, and license are populated by the ASCE Membership database. You can edit your account here. Please allow 12 hours for the changes to appear in ASCE Collaborate. 

Mr. Michael Bloom, P.E., M.ASCE


Sustainability Practice Manager,
R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc.

My Content

1 to 8 of 8 total
Posted By Michael Bloom Jun 10, 2021 4:42 PM
Found In Egroup: Environment, Coasts, Oceans, & Infrastructure
\ view thread
Pump selection (for new or replacement) requires the engineer to calculate the "system curve" - the relationship between flow and head (both friction and static) imposed by the piping network and the source and destination tanks.  The engineer must then review manufacturer "pump curves" - which describe ...
Posted By Michael Bloom Sep 23, 2020 8:03 PM
Found In Egroup: Environment, Coasts, Oceans, & Infrastructure
\ view thread
ASTM International to Host Organizational Meeting on Stormwater Control Measures September 8, 2020 ASTM International, a leading global standards organization, will host an organizational meeting to potentially launch a new activity that creates technical standards ...
Posted By Michael Bloom Oct 11, 2019 1:35 PM
Found In Egroup: Environment, Coasts, Oceans, & Infrastructure
\ view thread
Please see my previous reply to your question. Post 13 in this thread. ------------------------------ Michael Bloom P.E., M.ASCE Sustainability Practice Manager R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc. Houston TX ------------------------------
Posted By Michael Bloom Oct 11, 2019 8:37 AM
Found In Egroup: Environment, Coasts, Oceans, & Infrastructure
\ view thread
Mr. Kelly: Also, if you want to see a graphical depiction of the math, for multiple AEP's I created one! See below. ------------------------------ Michael Bloom P.E., M.ASCE Sustainability Practice Manager R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc. Houston TX ------------------------------
Posted By Michael Bloom Oct 11, 2019 8:05 AM
Found In Egroup: Environment, Coasts, Oceans, & Infrastructure
\ view thread
Mr. Wood, How is "no harm" demonstrated?  What storm is used?   Thanks, Michael ------------------------------ Michael Bloom P.E., M.ASCE Sustainability Practice Manager R.G. Miller Engineers, Inc. Houston TX ------------------------------
Posted By Michael Bloom Oct 11, 2019 8:05 AM
Found In Egroup: Environment, Coasts, Oceans, & Infrastructure
\ view thread
Mr. Kelly: The math is as follows.   If the annual chance of flooding is 1%, then the annual chance of NOT flooding is 99%.  The total chance of NOT flooding during any period of years is given by:        Total Chance of NOT Flooding During Any Duration of N Years =  (Annual Chance of Not Flooding)^N ...
Posted By Michael Bloom Oct 9, 2019 3:20 PM
Found In Egroup: Environment, Coasts, Oceans, & Infrastructure
\ view thread
My impression is that most engineers in North America (and their insurance companies) believe that if they design projects that don't expose the occupied portion of new structures to more than a 1% annual chance of inundation (and don't increase inundation likelihoods for existing structures), they have ...
Posted By Michael Bloom Jul 26, 2019 3:55 PM
Found In Egroup: Environment, Coasts, Oceans, & Infrastructure
\ view thread
I have searched news reports and the Michigan PE Board to see if there is any documented evidence of a professional engineer being held responsible, or in any way liable, for what happened in Flint, Michigan. Does anyone know any details about what the engineers working on the water source switch recommended ...