Discussion Thread

• 1.  Access to Free Classes

Posted 08-21-2022 01:26 PM

In between and after semesters of classes at universities, there is plenty of time to scour the internet for free or paid classes. Over this last summer, I was offered a free class called, "Intro to Software Engineering", from CodePath. Through this class, I received the introduction to Python I had not yet received from classes in my Master's degree, along with an evaluation of how prepared I was for jobs encompassing software down the road. I am glad to have received this offer for 12 weeks of classes, but I see how if the class was not related to stepping stones in my career path, I would have had no reason to take it.

What kinds of free classes have you taken in the past? And how have they shaped your careers so far?

------------------------------
    Alexander Granato A.M.ASCE
    Student
    Bexley OH
    granato.3@...

• 2.  RE: Access to Free Classes

Posted 08-23-2022 09:49 AM
    This isn't a class per say, but when I was getting started learning to program in R, my co-workers send me a package called Swirl. It is a collection of lessons that you can use right within R Studio. It has an associated website too. I found it very helpful for "learning R right within R".

Christopher Seigel P.E., M.ASCE
    Civil Engineer